Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Day A Solider Lived


Heavenly Father,

What can I say, other than "Thank  You?" How can I do anything else but pour my heart out to you in constant gratitude? Two years ago today, you kept this world from taking my husband. You surrounded him with angels and blessed our testimony with a miracle. You gave him the wisdom to wear his bullet proof gear when the other guys looked upon this routine with eyes of invincibility. Without it, the large pieces of shrapnel, now sealed tight in a jar, would have penetrated his chest and killed him instantly. You allowed pieces to graze the top of his helmet, surrounding him left and right. You comforted his fall with minor injuries, yet allowed hundreds, possibly thousands of tiny pieces to enter his arm and cheek. You left scars that will never let us forget the day you spoke loudly, "You are mine and I have great plans for you." Allow us to never forget the emotions that came and went during this time. Allow us to speak of your grace and mercy to others and testify of your Mighty Hand for years to come. Just as you spoke the world into motion, I believe you spoke into motion every piece of metal that was aimed directly at Clay. You provided swift hands and feet to the men around him. Father, my words are so futile to what is felt in my heart. Thank you for allowing us to still dream and walk together as husband and wife. Thank you for saving a husband, brother, son, best friend, and the future father to our children. I can't imagine growing old with anyone else besides him. Thank you for our love, Father. More than that, thank you for first loving us. May the 14th of March be a special day of remembrance for the rest of our lives, not only for your saving grace, but also in gratitude to all of the families who have, are, and will sacrifice for the freedoms we have... Amen.


Many of you may recognize this prayer because it was posted exactly one year ago today. I will continue pray this prayer for the rest of my life. March 14 has been forever marked. 

Danielle Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment