Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Fun, Adorable, Lovable Whale!

I just completed my first sewing project! Ok, so I may have just fibbed a little. My very first project on a sewing machine included these adorable felt stockings I made with the sweetest gal ever, Melissa.


Go make yourself a cup of coffee and visit her out at Greener Grass. Promise you won't leave without wanting to be her new best friend! 

My wonderful husband surprised me with a sewing machine for Christmas and I have been looking for a doable project to break the ice. This was it:




I found this cute idea thorough Pinterest a couple days ago and fell in love. Craftinessisnotoptional is a very helpful site for beginners such as myself.  The tutorials are very easy to follow and templates are included! Food Tutorials, like these felt kiwi, are next on my list. 



Memphis was VERY interested in my new creation!
Here is to fearless treading into the vast, rewarding, never ending world of sewing...

Cheers!

Danielle Jones

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your first solo sewing project! I love it! As always you are too kind to me :) Your stockings look awesome on your mantle :) Love you and miss you lots!
    Mel
    PS- glad Memphis snuck in this pic!

    ReplyDelete